Locale: Watsonville, CA
Reviews TO: Chief Monetary Officer (CFO)
The Accounting Manager supervises Accounts Payable and helps in the monetary functions of the Meals Bank including (but not restricted to): facilitating accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, general ledger entries, fastened asset monitoring and depreciation, regular and 12 months-end closings, arranging, recording, reconciling, and other accounting capabilities as required and assigned.
Position Particulars: This is a comprehensive-time, common, exempt situation with an yearly salary of concerning $70 – $77K, DOE. Occasional weekend and evening operate may possibly be required.
Positive aspects: For the personnel: totally free dental and vision insurance policies (shared value for dependents). Cost-free daily life, prolonged-expression treatment, long-phrase disability, and Ad&D insurances. Shared cost healthcare coverage: Kaiser and Blue Shield. Eligibility begins on the to start with working day of thirty day period pursuing 30 days of employment (i.e. if you are hired June 20th, you are eligible starting off August 1st). This advantage deal is valued at an regular of above ten thousand bucks a year.
- Very first yr: 15 family vacation days, 12 unwell days, and 10 holidays.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan: Next Harvest matches employee contributions up to an yearly cap.
- Worker Guidance System
Task SUMMARY: The Accounting Manager supervises Accounts Payable and assists in the economical functions of the Food Financial institution together with (but not limited to): facilitating accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, normal ledger entries, fixed asset monitoring and depreciation, month to month and yr-end closings, organizing, recording, reconciling, and other accounting capabilities as wanted and assigned.
Obligations & Duties:
- Approve seller invoices, verifying coding and all supporting documentation is matched.
- Make sure worker share of charges is allotted on all vendor invoices.
- Keep ongoing reconciliation of accounts payable subsidiary ledgers.
- Maintains fixed belongings and prepaid cost schedules
- Attain competitively priced bids for food stuff and supply purchases for all applications of 2nd Harvest as decided by the Operations and Plan departments.
- Produce 1099-Misc varieties just about every January. Manage seller records, which include buying W-9s from all vendors and speaking to those people who do not comply, as these are desired to decide which distributors qualify for 1099-Misc money sorts.
- Reconciliation of accounts/grants receivable subsidiary ledgers.
- Assure agreement and basis billings are processed in a well timed way by delivering supporting documentation to grants.
- Assures cash deposits are processed and deposited in a well timed method.
- Approves deposits. Make certain transactions are posted to the correct account.
- Help in moving into donations into CRM when necessary.
- Reconciliation of Donor Offering Platforms (Network For Excellent, Elegant) with CRM and ERP
- Get the job done with Company Relations on resolving company billing concerns or discrepancies.
- Work with selected staff with the daily opening mail making certain all mail, checks, and hard cash are processed in dual custody by at least two unrelated individuals. All batches ought to be totaled, verified and signed off by two of the people doing the job them.
- Reconcile accounting technique to donor/donation tracking procedure on a regular monthly foundation.
- Assist with every month, quarterly, and year-end closings by making certain the equilibrium sheet and inventory accounts (profit and loss) is properly reconciled.
- Sustain the Basic Ledger and subsidiary ledgers as necessary to back again up entries to the GL.
- Keep reward card documents, files, and reconcile every month.
- Retain fixed asset and depreciation schedules.
- Aid in the budgeting procedure.
- Show up at Finance Committee meetings and consider minutes.
- Guarantee tidiness of work spot and firm of assigned spot of responsibility.
- Support clientele and co-employees, both equally on the mobile phone and in human being, in a skilled fashion.
- Aid CFO when desired on distinctive jobs.
- Ensure new personnel are setup in the payroll properly
- Set up all new hourly personnel on the Iris time clock
- Overview and appropriate timecards in digital timecard method.
- Method payroll and overview to insure correctness.
- Manage payroll data, including compensated time off, and personnel payment.
- Put together journal entries to write-up payroll and related charges to the Typical Ledger.
- Operate carefully with Human Methods with advantages portal.
- Cross-educate with Human Sources to give backup for new employ the service of processes, and other HR functions.
- Liable for getting minutes that properly replicate the conclusions and dialogue that took area in the course of Finance Committee conferences.
- Other obligations as assigned
Instruction, Schooling & Working experience:
- Diploma in Accounting or linked industry, moreover 4-5 years task-related do the job experience.
Understanding, Capabilities & Capabilities:
- Good interpersonal communication skills with the skill to talk properly and respectfully with men and women from diverse racial, ethnic and cultural teams and from various backgrounds and lifestyles.
- Standard know-how of law, regulation, contractual specifications of governing non-financial gain functions and operations.
- Competence in the use of fund accounting methodology for development and servicing of functioning budgets and other fiscal controls.
- Ability to implement ideas of small business finance and typically acknowledged account concepts in a non-gain business.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel will have to know how to use vLookup and Pivot Tables.
- Ability to productively regulate numerous duties and duties.
- Great business expertise.
- Able to use a computer keyboard.
- Capable to hear standard discussions on the cellphone and in man or woman.
- Have to have accessibility to a motor car, as properly as valid auto insurance coverage, for occasional driving on the task.
- Have to have legitimate California Driver’s License and a satisfactory driving record, as documented by a recent MVR (will be obtained by the Food stuff Bank’s insurance plan provider).
- It is the responsibility of all SHFB personnel to take part in our Food stuff Basic safety/Meals Protection programs.
- In situations of a federal, state or regionally declared emergency, 2nd Harvest is usually deemed an important services and crisis responder all of its workers might be named in to conduct regular or emergent responsibilities.
HOW TO Implement: If intrigued, make sure you submit an on the web application listed here.
ABOUT THE Corporation: Second Harvest Foods Lender presents over 10 million lbs of food support yearly, to around 75,000 men and women for each thirty day period, via its network of 200 member companies and plans. By expanding obtain to wholesome meals, Next Harvest is producing a profound effect in direction of rising a healthier community.
EEO Statement: We are an equivalent work opportunity employer. All skilled applicants will obtain thought for employment with out regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, incapacity position, shielded veteran standing or any other attribute secured by law.
window.fbAsyncInit = operate() FB.init(
appId : '723133135246968',
xfbml : accurate, version : 'v2.9' )
(purpose(d, s, id) var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s) if (d.getElementById(id)) return js = d.createElement(s) js.id = id js.src = "https://link.fb.internet/en_US/sdk.js" fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs) (document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'))