Your wedding should be a once-in-a-lifetime occasion, but no wedding is complete without a dream honeymoon! To have a memorable honeymoon, one shouldn’t break the bank either. So, here’s a list of affordable honeymoon destinations outside India, including the budgets for overseas travel insurance, which you need to know about.
1. Sri Lanka:
Sri Lanka, formerly known as Ceylon, offers the finest experiences for tourists of all tastes and preferences. This jewel-shaped country area is packed with verdant hills and tea plantations, and warm, tranquil beaches, ancient forts, and wildlife sanctuaries greet you.
- About Rs.62400 to Rs.78000 for a 7-day trip for two people.
- Visa category: 30-day Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA)
- Visa cost – Rs. 2500 (about.) per ETA
- Approximately Rs. 225 (excluding 18% GST) each day.
The Philippines is where nature is at its finest, with over 7000 islands covered in natural treasures. It has a plethora of flora and animals, along with a variety of white sand beaches, turquoise water, breathtaking mountains, rice paddies, and classically designed buildings. Signing up for medical travel insurance is necessary if you’re not used to humidity or are prone to mosquito bites.
- About Rs.69900 to Rs.75900 for a 7-day trip for two people.
- Visa type – Single entry visa valid for 30 days.
- Visa Fee –Rs. 2840 per visa.
- You may get a trip insurance policy for a modest payment of Rs.225 (excluding 18% GST) daily for two adults.
Thailand, frequently referred to as the ‘nation of smiles,’ is a land of contrasts; on one side, there are clean beaches and exotic jungles, while on the other, there are green hills and breathtaking mountains. Even in the cities, there is a stark contrast between the lively modern lifestyle and the traditional Thai culture in ancient temples.
- From Rs. 70,000 to Rs. 84,000 for a 7-day trip for two people.
- Visa on Arrival for stays of less than 15 days
- Visa cost – 2500 Baht or Rs. 5500 (approx.) per VOA
- Signing up for online travel insurance coverage for a low daily premium of Rs.225 (excluding 18% GST) is easy.
Malaysia is a genuinely developing marvel; on the one hand, it boasts rich biodiversity, shown by the equatorial rainforests and artificial marvels exemplified by the towering structures. In addition to its natural beauty, the country is home to a kaleidoscope of Asian civilisations that coexist happily with its indigenous tribal culture.
- About Rs.71500 to Rs.83500 for a 7-day trip for two people.
- Visa type – Visa-free travel for a 15-day stay following registration with Electronic Travel Registration and Information Visa
- Visa charge – No-cost
- You can acquire overseas travel insurance for a minimal fee of Rs.225 (excluding 18% GST) daily.
Located between the continents of Asia and Europe, it is where eastern and western civilisations meet. The country is experiencing a cultural explosion, harmonising the essence of both worlds.
- About Rs.78100 to Rs.90200 for a seven-day trip for two people.
- Visa – Single entry tourist visa valid for 90 days
- Visa fee – Rs.4280 (approx.) per visa
- A valid travel insurance policy is required when travelling to Turkey. At a minimal cost of Rs. 340 (excluding 18% GST) per day, you can sign up for online travel insurance for the two of you.
Before embarking on your honeymoon, it is advisable to have travel insurance benefits in place to avoid incurring additional costs due to unforeseen circumstances that may emerge during your trip.
‘Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.‘